Feb 07 2011

TGF’s

Published by at 12:39 pm under Astrophysics,Classical Electrodynamics

Checked the Fermi mission web site for the first time in weeks.  I had been waiting a long time to get information on what the GBM has been reading, and the Fermi article from 01.10.11 finally gives some information:

As some of you know, an explanation for terrestrial gamma-ray flashes is included in my April 2007 paper in the section entitled More on Synchronization.  The Fermi article refers to “strong electric fields” in the milliseconds before a lightning strike.  The fields result from areas of high voltage, which involve electrons in high concentration, which produce Compton scattered gravitons coming out of the earth.  The gravitons are down scattered to an energy where they are no longer gravitons, 511 keV according to the article.

The pattern of the scattered gamma rays, shown in magenta color in the article, is exactly what we would expect when gravitons are scattered in the milliseconds before a lightning strike in a TGF.

27 responses so far

27 Responses to “TGF’s”

1. Kevinon 07 Dec 2021 at 1:46 pm

A pulsed terawatt laser would have a spike of super high voltage.

2. Kevinon 09 Dec 2021 at 9:51 am

As is probably already occurring, a network of electric lasers, all linked in a computer system, could destroy salvos of rocket fire and/or drones. When one laser picks a target, it would disappear to the other lasers.

3. Kevinon 09 Dec 2021 at 11:07 am

The “game changer” language on electric lasers has been going on two years. Evidently, there has been a lot of coordinated hard work in that period. There must be at least one or two at General Atomics that know we are in a dense gamma ray field. Thankful for the Boeing engineers who work on the tracking software, with “fast steering mirrors” and “fast frame rate cameras”. This kind of work is so involved, that if I had become one of them I would not have discovered quantum gravity and written it down correctly.
    Being put out and ostracized, why would I not enter some of this stuff way out here in 2021? I am not an extrovert or an extreme extrovert, though I am not an extreme introvert either.

4. Kevinon 09 Dec 2021 at 3:09 pm

My guess is that “Iron Sting” would carry enough potential energy to dump it in capacitor plates below ANFO or something else at the right time.
    My right foot was burned by boiling water six days after the Sterling Hall bombing. My future had been hit. Mom was asking who was taller. Dan and I pushed each other down around the shoulders. Dan bumped the boiling water off the stove, and it landed on my foot.
    Delayed football by five weeks. Started at quarterback junior and senior years in football. I know that team wins and statistics are the most important, but I was all conference quarterback senior year. Led the league in passing by hundreds of yards over second place.

5. Kevinon 10 Dec 2021 at 10:01 am

On Nov. 19, 2020, Boris Johnson was addressing the House of Commons when, in relation to directed energy weapons, he said “the phrase ‘out of ammunition’ will become redundant”.

6. Kevinon 10 Dec 2021 at 4:38 pm

With 300 kW electric lasers going on nuclear powered submarines, this is probably one of the reasons for the AUKUS deal. A lot of water can be pumped through for cooling in this application.

7. Kevinon 11 Dec 2021 at 2:32 pm

Have read about “fiber lasers”, mainly due to parts of the operations being classified. The fibers would be collection devices, though General Atomics has a Gen 7 design that does not use fiber optics.

8. Kevinon 12 Dec 2021 at 11:12 am

A Boeing site for CLWS uses the term “unlimited magazine”. So what are they talking about, going to the doctor and the waiting room has unlimited magazines?

9. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 9:32 am

Electric lasers will advance quicker if more engineers are told what the ammunition is.

10. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 9:36 am

“As with all cutting-edge military technology most details remain classified,” – Jewish News, January 19, 2020
    We learned about Israel as children in the Lutheran churches of La Crosse, Wisconsin.

11. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 10:10 am

With AUKUS in September, CNBC mentioned “quantum technologies”, and The Guardian wrote: “Perhaps there were sensitivities around US-UK tech transfer in nuclear propulsion and other areas of tech cooperation, such as undersea drones, artificial intelligence and quantum.”
    Well, we know what is the ‘fundamental quantum unit’.

12. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 10:57 am

My girlfriend runs pass patterns for me on the huge field on the west end of the University of Wisconsin campus. Though I threw 55 yards in high school, am down to 35 yards now. Still have a quick release and a tight spiral.

13. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 11:10 am

Set a school record in the 880 yard dash in high school, 1:57 flat. The 800 meter race is more than 5 yards shorter. A friend of Fairmont, MN offered, without solicitation, that you subtract 1.6 seconds, so I crossed 800 meters at 1:55.4.
    The race was at Monona Grove, WI, and I took third place. The race was close. Those guys really pushed me.

14. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 11:23 am

For the very first Calculus exam in late September or early October of 1976, I was walking to Van Vleck Hall in the evening thinking that all students here are smart, and was wondering how this would go. Turned out that Professor Levin gave difficult exams, – there would be a couple of problems on each exam that would challenge the student to reason into areas not yet learned.
    When we got the exams back, I saw the A+ and 76 score at the same time, so I did not panic. The curve was placed on the blackboard. The 76 was the high score of the whole lecture, and there was only one 76 score. This was when I realized that I could handle the UW.

15. Kevinon 13 Dec 2021 at 1:26 pm

Isaiah 50:3 says: “I clothe the heavens with blackness, and I make sackcloth their covering.”
    Gravity is not in the visible spectrum. There was sackcloth covering the view of the brilliant physicists of the 20th Century, preventing them from discovering quantum gravity. God is in control, and the creation will be discovered in His timing.

16. Kevinon 14 Dec 2021 at 8:48 am

Why am I not getting paid a consulting salary for calculating the ammunition and showing how to downscatter?

17. Kevinon 17 Dec 2021 at 7:15 pm

Electric lasers are often said to be of low operational cost. It does take work energy to separate charges to produce the voltage, though gravitons are free!

18. Kevinon 18 Dec 2021 at 1:25 pm

The quark coincidence pushed my confidence from 75% to 99%. Still I cannot get my brain around how small these things are and how fast they oscillate. With the polarization factor, each cross section contains 625 MeV. Material scientists have worked on low absorption mirrors and lenses. Since pulsed terawatt lasers can vaporize a drone, possibly magnetic fields are doing the focusing.

19. Kevinon 18 Dec 2021 at 1:28 pm

Having passed the 17th graviton day, it is obvious that no one reads this website, – so I am not giving away any secrets. Anyone can read the same news I do, and the electric lasers may already be reverse engineered by those who know nothing of quantum gravity.

20. Kevinon 21 Dec 2021 at 11:17 am

When it is said that no one reads this website, it refers to the here and now. Sometime around 2008 or 2009, someone, – let’s say at a a top university in a certain country, was reading this website thinking it may be right. That person would have showed it to a co-worker who also thought it may be right. If this were not so, we would not have electric lasers.

21. Kevinon 24 Jan 2022 at 11:49 am

The new type of defensive cooperations, as between Australia and Japan recently, are only feasible with speed of light shooting. The specific software initiative is not applicable with defensive missiles that are effected by air currents combined with targets that have evasive maneuvers.

22. Kevinon 29 Jan 2022 at 10:04 pm

God is stronger than the quantum gravity deniers.

23. Kevinon 03 Apr 2022 at 12:31 pm

If I were an atheist, quantum gravity could have gone public shortly after November 12, 2005.

24. Kevinon 03 Apr 2022 at 12:34 pm

Lloyd Austin may have been told that an intense magnetic field focuses gravity, and that electrons at high voltage jiggle and give off radiation. For many, this may be good enough.

25. Kevinon 15 Jun 2022 at 8:05 am

Keeping parts of the electric lasers cool is a known problem. There is a lot of power in a small area, so multiple capacitor plate / mirror / lens arrangements can be mounted on a turret. After firing, rotate to a cooling chamber with cooling fluid being pumped through. O-ring or another type of seals is needed. This is an example of how the combination of my engineering and physics experience is needed.

26. Kevinon 15 Jun 2022 at 8:45 am

As part of a nuclear powered submarine, the firing chamber does not need to have a perfect seal. As cooling fluid leaks down into the firing chamber, the fluid is giving off gamma rays as well.

27. Kevinon 26 Jun 2022 at 4:31 pm

Obviously, if sea water is used for cooling, water in the well of the firing chamber can be pumped into the flow of the exit.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS